Descendants of James LAMBERT and Mary WILLIAMSON
m 1793 Merton, Berwick, Scotland
Table of Contents
- Surname List
- Name Index
- Other Descendancy Trees
- Ancestry Home Page
- Whole Site Home Page
First Update for 2019
This section includes all known descendants of James Lambert and Mary Williamson with the exception that certain details of living people are omitted and the youngest generations of children are not listed at all.
- Although no major new family lines have been discovered during 2018, considerable work has been done to fill in the existing lines, add information and make some corrections
- In the previous 2017 update additional lines for the family of John Cowan and Agnes Lambert had
been researched, in particular those of their children Jane who married John Christie and John Cowan who married Elizabeth Neilson
- The opportunity had also been taken in the 2017 update to include source information called Statutory Index Scotland. This data gives years and place of BMD from 1855 onwards from the indexes, but not the full details that are available in Statutory Register Scotland where I have copies of the full records. This makes the sources for BMD shown on these pages similar for Scottish and English indexes.
- In the second update in 2017 the family of John Cowan and Agnes Lambert had been researched further and the line of Williamina Cowan and James Todd Simpson had been added. There is also additional information on several lines from various newspaper announcements for birth, marriage and death
- In the first update for 2017, new sources had become available including General Record Office of England and Wales birth index with mother's maiden surname and full given names of the child prior to 1916. Also ScotlandsPeople now gives free access to indexes which has allowed years of birth marriage and death to be found in Scotland. Finally the Wills and Probate index for Victoria, Australia is available.
- In the previous update, details of the family of Archibald Eddington (or Edington) McCunn b 1882 have been added, with thanks to Petra Mitchinson for help with this. Also his nephew Archibald Eddington McCunn and other children of Robert Lambert McCunn and Sarah Bearcroft Jones
- Kenneth Henderson Lambert, third son of Robert Alexander Lambert and Margaret Smith, and Kenneth's wife Winifred Wallis have been added.
- In 2016 updates the opportunity was taken to include information from the 1939 Register in England and Wales. This is similar to a census and includes full dates of birth and occupations of those recorded.
- New to this version are more newspaper announcements and articles and some minor additions and corrections
- previous updates are also acknowledged as follows
- updates to the family of Elizabeth Lambert and James Mouat extending it the next generation - same as mine. Thanks to Janet MacKellar for setting me on the right path with this
- updates to the Australian descendants of William Lambert and Helen Anderson with thanks to Hazel Wann and Robin Downs in Australia
- to the McKellar lines, with thanks to Jan McKellar Holloway in USA, and Janet MacKellar in Scotland
- additional descendants of Alexander Pringle Lambert and Elspeth Henderson, with thanks to their great-granddaugter, Clare Dockerill
- more information on John Lambert b 1873, the son of the above Alexander Pringle Lambert and Elspeth Henderson, who emigrated to South Africa, with thanks to John Johnston for transcripts of marriage and probate records there
- more information on the family of Frances Maria Lambert and Albert Arnold from their descendant Heather Allsopp in Australia
- more Scottish OPR and Statutory Records have been viewed and details transcribed as well as additional census data both from UK and USA
I would also like to acknowledge the help of Robin Downs, Tracey-Jane Lambert, Libby Lambert, Heather Allsopp and Hazel Wann in Australia for providing much of the Australian data, to Dawn Loyie for the Canadian data, Mike Thornton for the descendants of James Lambert and Betsy Rutherford, to Clare Dockerill for the family of Alexander Pringle Lambert and Elspeth Henderson, and to John Johnston, Sally Lambert and Margaret Poltera for descendants of the South African Lambert lines
While I and the above researchers have verified some of the information from original Parish Records and Statutory Registers in Scotland and censuses in UK and the equivalent overseas, other data has been gathered from various sources and so it is recommended you obtain verification independently for data that is vital to your research. Please contact me if you want to know the source of any data
This section last updated by Ian A Glendinning on 28 January 2019 using Personal Ancestral File