Descendants of Henry MILNE and Violet HALL
m 1795 Selkirk, Scotland
Table of Contents
- Surname List
- Name Index
- Other Descendancy Trees
- Ancestry Home Page
- Whole Site Home Page
First Update for 2021
This section includes all known descendants of Henry Milne and Violet Hall. Certain details of living people are omitted and the youngest generations of children are not listed at all.
- Some minor additions and corrections have been applied since the last update
- The update in 2018 included some refinements and additions from the last 2017 update, but no new Milne lines. However a completely new tree of the Dallas family is now available. Part of this, from the descendants of the couple Henry Milne and Isabella Dallas is a duplication of what is here, but the Dallas tree shows more of Isabella Dallas's cousins and distant relations.
- In the previous update, new sources had become available including General Record Office of England and Wales birth index with mother's maiden surname and full given names of the child prior to 1916. Also ScotlandsPeople now gives free access to indexes which has allowed years of birth marriage and death to be found in Scotland. Finally the Wills and Probate index for Victoria, Australia is available.
- In the previous update the opportunity was taken to include information from the 1939 Register in England and Wales. This is similar to a census and includes full dates of birth and occupations of those recorded.
- Although only a small number of new people have been added since the previous update, there are some additional details of the people on this line, including more information from later censuses and from newspaper announcements and articles
I would also like to acknowledge the previous help of Lawrence Whiers for the descendants of Henry Milne III b 1871 and Nichola Corner for the descendants of Isabella Milne and David Lawrie
While I have verified some of the information from original Parish Records and Statutory Registers in Scotland and censuses in UK, other data has been gathered from various sources and so it is recommended you obtain verification independently for data that is vital to your research.
This section last updated by Ian A Glendinning on 08 February 2021 using Personal Ancestral File