Descendants of Thomas FORREST and Elizabeth STEUART
Table of Contents
- Surname List
- Name Index
- Other Descendancy Trees
- Ancestry Home Page
- Whole Site Home Page
Update for 2023
This section includes all known descendants of Thomas Forrest and Elizabeth Steuart. The only exceptions are that certain details of living people are omitted and the youngest generations of children are not listed at all.
- New census information is now available for the 1921 censuses of Scotland, England and Wales and the 1950 US census, and this has been included. More will be added later
- More newspaper birth, marrriage and death notices have been transcribed and are included in the source pages
- This tree now starts two generations further back than earlier versions. There is some confidence that these generations are correct, but are subject to revision.
- With DNA matching, some additional lines have been added and others confirmed.
- A new branch of the tree was added in the previous update with the inclusion of the descendants of Robert Kelly and Elizabeth Hay Forrest. Elizabeth was in the previous versions of the tree, but at that time her husband and children were not known
- This tree was first included on the website in March 2018, following significant research into the Forrest line.
- An error has come to light regarding David White Forrest b 1845. Previously it had been thought he was the David who moved to live in Camberwell, London in England, but further research has found he emigrated to Ohio and the correct family is now shown for him
- Part of the tree from the descendants of John Farquharson Dewar and Jessie Forrest has been available on the Dewar tree for some time, and there is therefore duplication from that point forward to the present
I would like to thank B Moore and family, for getting in touch with me, and to acknowledge their help for filling in some of the detail on the Dewars and Forrests of United States and sharing their research on these familes.
While I have verified some of the information from original Parish Records and Statutory Registers in Scotland and censuses in UK and USA, other data has been gathered from various sources and so it is recommended you obtain verification independently for data that is vital to your research.
This section last updated by Ian A Glendinning on 26 April 2023 using Personal Ancestral File